To Our Valued Clients:
A – Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when it is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to prepare your income tax returns and may also provide various tax and financial planning services to you at your request.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
• Interviews and phone calls with you,
• Letters or e-mails from you,
• Tax return or financial planning organizers, and
• Financial history questionnaires.
B – Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
• To an outside service bureau that assists us in providing tax preparation and/or payroll services for you;
• To governmental agencies (such as federal and state taxing authorities) in representation of your interests;
• To individuals who conduct our triennial peer reviews;
• To state or federal regulatory authorities, which oversee the accounting profession;
• To the disciplinary authorities of the AICPA or state CPA societies;
• To comply with lawfully issued subpoenas or court orders; and,
• To our related companies, Sierra Financial Advisors, LLC and Sierra Financial Mortgage, LLC and their affiliated broker-dealer and insurance companies, with which you have authorized us to disclose this information
C – Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alterations or premature destruction.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting, tax, and financial planning needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy. We hope you view our firm as your most trusted adviser and we look to continue earning your trust. Please call us if you have any questions or if we can be of further service.