For business entities or individuals registered with the Nevada Secretary of State that received a welcome letter in the mail see below:
• The letter contains the pre-approved Nevada Tax access code needed to register your online account.
-To create your online account, follow the instructions at http://tax.nv.gov/Commerce/NVTaxRegister/.
• A Commerce Tax Additional Information Form will also need to be submitted via mail or email to the Department to finalize registration. This form should be included with the welcome letter, and is also available online.
- To email the form, complete the online version under the “Commerce Tax: Registration Resources” menu at http://tax.nv.gov/comtax/ and click the “submit via e-mail” button on the bottom of the form after completion.
- To mail the form, use the following address:
NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION
Attn: Compliance Division
1550 College Parkway, Suite 115
Carson City, NV 89706-7937
• Per communication with the Department of Taxation as of June 28, 2016, welcome letters are still in the process of being sent out.
• Please see the following link for the Department of Taxation’s FAQ on the Welcome Letter, including answers to common questions:
For Business entities or individuals not registered with the Nevada Secretary of State or are registered and did not receive a welcome letter in the mail see below:
•If you have a Nevada Business License and did not receive the Welcome Letter, or have lost the letter, you will need to contact the Department at (866) 962-3707.
•If you do not have a Nevada Business License, you will need to complete the Nexus Questionnaire Form linked below to receive your welcome letter.